Cabal and GHC: the big picture

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2023 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 12:19:20 UTC 2024

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 02:51:07PM +0300, Oleg Grenrus wrote:
> package.db directory has only .conf files, but those conf files point to
> directories with interface and object files.
> I think every tool puts the interface and object files next to .conf files.

Right, but in principle I could do something different, couldn't I?  I
could take some subset of the .conf files in package.db, put them in a
directory called /tmp/mynewpackagedatabase, and *that* would be a
perfectly valid package database (as long as the files it points to
still exist), wouldn't it?

Tom