Cabal woe

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Tue Jul 9 14:11:56 UTC 2024

On 9.7.2024 15.23, Sebastian Graf wrote:
> I can't simply pass `-fforce-recomp -ddump-simpl -O`

You can, `cabal build --ghc-options= "-fforce-recomp -ddump-simpl -O"`
should work (though it applies to all packages).

 > and remember all the fields that need to be set. (

`cabal init` is your friend. That said, there are very little fields to
be set for minimal package, `cabal-version, name, version` and the
library pragma with `build-depends` and `exposed-modules`.

After you have done such package few times, you will remember those
easily. I'd argue a lot more easily that remembering how to use `cabal
install --lib` properly.

- Oleg