[ANNOUNCE] GHC 9.6.1-alpha3 is now available

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:21:45 UTC 2023

Hi

I get a strange warning on MacOS when I do ./configure:

checking Xcode version... xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires
Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools'
is a command line tools instance
not found (too old?)

I also get a related strange warning when I do a compile:

ghc hello.hs
[1 of 2] Compiling Main             ( hello.hs, hello.o ) [Missing object
file]
[2 of 2] Linking hello [Objects changed]
ld: warning: directory not found for option
'-L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/lib'

I'm on macOS 13.2.1. I was previously on ghc 9.4.4.

Thanks
George