9.2.6 forthcoming release

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:48:06 UTC 2023

Hi all,

We are preparing potentially the final release in the 9.2.* series.

Zubin is preparing the release and we hope to deliver the release in
the next 1-2 weeks.

The two most critical bugs which 9.2.6 will fix is

* #22425 which is a performance regression introduced in 9.2.5.
* #22497 which will fix 9.2.* on recent aarch64-darwin platforms.

There are a few other bugs which will be fixed in the release but we
are being very conservative at this stage about introducing potential
breakage.

The backport set is being prepared on this branch:
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/merge_requests/9775

Cheers,

Matt