Milestones page is missing or has inaccurate dates

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Wed Oct 12 23:51:30 UTC 2022

George Colpitts <george.colpitts at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> The Milestones page <https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/milestones> is
> missing many dates or has inaccurate dates:
>
>    - Most milestones don't have any associated completion date.
>    - As far as I know 9.4.2 and 9.2.4 are released but the milestones pages
>    doesn't seem to show that.
>
> Can the page be updated so we have an idea of what is coming when?
>
> There has been a lot of great work done and I know a lot is being worked
> on. It would be great if the milestones page could be updated to better
> reflect that.

I have updated the dates of 9.4.2, 9.4.3, 9.2.4, and 9.6.1. In short,

 * 9.6.1 is scheduled for some time in January 2023; we plan to fork for
   this release next month

 * I am actively working on backports for 9.4.3 as we speak

 * my colleague Zubin will be working on 9.2.4 next week, hopefully for
   release the following week

 * 9.4.2 was released in late August

There are quite a few other milestones which lack dates; for the most
part these are releases which don't have a formal timeline yet.

Cheers,

 - Ben