Our ambitions for GHC 9.6

Hécate hecate at glitchbra.in
Tue May 3 14:56:11 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

With 9.4 just around the corner, I am gathering broad ambitions for
user-facing improvements that we wish to ship for GHC 9.6.

At this moment, the new JavaScript and WebAssembly backends have been
listed, but I'd be very interested to add more content.

This document is especially for public communication regarding our
activities.
Since these are ambitions, it's not a hard deadline, nor does it imply
dreadful consequences for the people who didn't manage to have their
improvements shipped in time.

I'm really excited for 9.4 and all the good stuff we're going to have in
the future of GHC!

Cheers,
Hécate.

--