Two-factor authentication enforced on gitlab.haskell.org

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Jun 8 23:37:27 UTC 2022

Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Due to a recent up-tick in spam activity, we have started enforcing
> two-factor authentication on gitlab.haskell.org. We hope that this isn't
> too much of a burden, but do let us know if so and we can evaluate other
> options.

Hi all,

Due to user response we have reverted the two-factor authentication
requirement and will instead manually review new account creations for
now. Do feel free to ping either Matt, Andreas, or I via IRC or email if
you attempt to create an account and your request sits unapproved for
more than an hour or two.

Hopefully in the near term we will be able to able to find less onerous
way of dealing with the growing spam problem.

Cheers,

- Ben