[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 9.0.2 released

Jens Petersen juhpetersen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 07:30:26 UTC 2022

First of all a big thank you and congratulations on the highly anticipated
9.0.2 release.

I have been putting off this mail for a while:
I actually built it last month right away in Fedora's new ghc9.0 package
(available now for all current Fedora releases).
Also Stackage Nightly (primarily thanks to Adam Bergmark) was updated to
9.0.2, since nightly-2022-01-10. :-)

However two points I wanted to mention:

   - firstly (minor), the libraries/containers source is not clean (which
   explains why the tarball is so big)

   - More serious: why was Win32 major bumped from 2.10 to 2.12?
      - this breaks foundation, hence current Stackage Nightly is kind of
      broken for Windows now:
      https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stackage/issues/6400

I can't really see any good way to resolve this in the short term.

Thanks, Jens