convention around pattern synonyms

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Mon Jan 3 18:23:48 UTC 2022

> On Dec 30, 2021, at 3:25 PM, Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane at dukhovni.org> wrote:
>
> Perhaps my assumption that TH types directly mirror the internal AST is
> not correct...  A recent user-visible change is in `ConP`

Many TH types are modeled after GHC-internal types, but this is just a matter of convenience, not necessity. (The necessity -- if we are to maintain feature parity in TH -- is that the same information is representable in both sets of types, not that the representations are the same.) So the convention I'm proposing here wouldn't affect TH.

Richard