Where do I put the *definition* of a DFunId?

ÉRDI Gergő gergo at erdi.hu
Fri Feb 11 10:52:45 UTC 2022

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022, ÉRDI Gergő wrote:

>> Presumably you must also be generating these bindings (in a `ModGuts`
>> perhaps?) and
>> generating code for them that will ultimately be linked into the program to
>> run.

BTW, I thought that linking is done on the object file level, i.e. I
thought it is perfectly kosher to reference a term-level thing only by
Id, with no definition around, as long as later there will be an object
file that provides a suitably name-mangled symbol? Is this not true and
GHC requires to see the definitions of all referenced Ids?