The end of the road for the `make` build system

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Aug 24 17:09:01 UTC 2022

Hello all,

With the 9.4.2 release being out, we are turning our attention to
preparations for 9.6. Among these tasks is the removal of the
`make`-based build system, allowing us to finally close #17527.
The branch removing `make` can be found in !7094, which we hope to send
to Marge by the end of this week.

For those of you still using `make`, this is your call to switch.
Hadrian's documentation can be found in the tree (`hadrian/doc` [1]), the
Wiki [2], and our packagers' migration guide [3]. If you have any
remaining issues with Hadrian or its documentation do let us know so
that we can address them.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/tree/master/hadrian/doc