[Solved via #21974] GHC 9.4 symlink wrappers installed incorrectly on FreeBSD 12

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Thu Aug 11 03:34:13 UTC 2022

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 10:06:43PM -0400, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> I just built a GHC 9.4 bindist on FreeBSD 12, and found that the bindist
> Makefile installed unusable wrappers when the source was a symlink.  It
> seems plausible that the issue may not be FreeBSD-specific, but that's
> all I've tried so far.

It seems I neglected to read the post-release announcement:

    Due to an unfortunate packaging issue, the macOS binary
    distributions for 9.4.1 are not usable as uploaded. The problem is
    described in #21974, which also includes a small patch to mitigate
    the breakage. We will be releasing a 9.4.2 within the week fixing
    the issue.

Indeed #21974 fixes the issue.

--
    Viktor.