Windows rework merged ; fresh build necessary on Windows

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Fri Apr 8 14:53:16 UTC 2022

Hi all,

A few minutes ago I merged !7448 and the associated MRs, moving GHC to
use the msys2 Clang64 toolchain on Windows. This work improves
compilation time, maintainability, and fixes a numerous long-standing
bugs affecting Windows and other platforms.

However, as a result you may find that in an existing tree `configure`
will fail with an error complaining that `clang` can not be found. This
is due to the fact that the toolchain tarballs are stale and be fixed
with:

    rm -R _build inplace/mingw win32-tarballs
    ./boot
    ./configure --enable-tarballs-autodownload

Do let me know if you see any other issues; I'm a bit under the weather
at the moment but I'll try to keep an eye on email.

Cheers,

- Ben