Warning about glomming

Gergő Érdi gergo at erdi.hu
Thu Apr 7 06:46:30 UTC 2022

Using -DDEBUG, I see a warning about glomming from OccurAnal. Having
read the relevant Note, the situation is exactly what's described
here: since I'm using cross-module specializations, the specializer
will generate rewrite rules that replace external references with
local forward references.

But the one thing the Note doesn't explicitly state is why this is
reported as a warning. It sounds like OccurAnal is well equipped to
fix this problem. So is glomming a sign of a problem or is it not? If
I see that warning, does that point to a problem in how I use the GHC
API, a problem in the code that I'm trying to compile, or neither?