help needed configuring GHC API client

Norman Ramsey nr at cs.tufts.edu
Fri Sep 24 14:32:25 UTC 2021

 > in addition to what Ben already said: is there any particular reason you
 > wanted to use the stage0 compiler?

Yes!  I want to use the Haskell Language Server with my code.  I am
given to understand that HLS does not work with GHC HEAD, so if I want
to use HLS with my own code, it needs to be compiled with the
bootstrap compiler, which *does* support HLS.  Therefore I am using
stage0 so that my own code and the GHC library are compiled with the
same compiler.

I will, however, repeat my experiment using stage1.  It would be good
to confirm your experience.

Norman