GHC development with VSCode

Benjamin Maurer maurer.benjamin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 16:33:51 UTC 2021

Hi Richard,

great to hear, I've also seen a tweet about new videos from you using VS
code (had no time to watch yet).
Hope that more adoption improves things!

So, I've been using VS Code for almost a year now and I have seen great
improvements - almost all of that is the Haskell LSP.

"processing" and "indexing" may be (at least the former?) the LSP, I guess?
I have head single instances where it went haywire and I had to do a hard
reset of my machine,
but generally I can work with VS code and LSP doing it's thing (Laptop with
Ryzen 4700U & 16 GB RAM).

You can hit Ctrl+Shift+P for the command HUD and type "Haskell" - this
gives you the options to stop and (re-)start the LSP.
The latter can help when it becomes sluggish.

In File -> Preferences -> Settings search for "Haskell", there you have the
option to turn off things, e.g., "Haskell: Diagnostics on Change" (turning
off will create diagnostics only when you save).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ben