GHC plugin authors?

Moritz Angermann moritz.angermann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 07:19:34 UTC 2021

Hi Richard,

I believe that this is mostly due to plugin development happening to
satisfy a plugin need.  I doubt there is a grand unified vision for
plugins.  And I don't have one either.  I've dabbled with codegen plugins a
long time ago, these days I'm primarily concerned with plugins having a
chance to work in cross compilation settings, and even that is still a very
uncharted area, but Luite has come up with a hack and Sylvain is making
progress :-) We still don't have the cabal side fixes, where we'd need some
`plugin-depends` stanza, but all that only makes sense, once we have the
fundamentals for plugins disentangled in ghc.

I agree that a discussion on discourse might help.  But we won't know
without trying.