GHC.StgToCmm.Monad documentation out of sync?

Norman Ramsey nr at cs.tufts.edu
Mon Oct 18 17:46:12 UTC 2021

All,

I'm looking at the paragraph starting on line 271 of GHC.StgToCmm.Monad,
which purports to explain ReturnKind.  But the labels mentioned in the
paragraph don't seem to match the preceding code example.  Also, I don't
understand why only one branch of the `case` expression seems to
be protected by a heap-limit check.

I understand what I'm seeing well enough to fear that something is
wrong, but not well enough to fix it.  Is someone else willing to
have a look and maybe we can repair the documentation together?

Noramn