Perf backtrace support.

Andreas Klebinger klebinger.andreas at gmx.at
Thu Oct 7 13:43:39 UTC 2021

Hello Devs,

as some of you know I've recently been working on #8272.
The goal being to use the machine stack register for the STG stack as a
means to
get perf backtraces. I've succeeded in making a branch that works for
the first
part but have so far been unable to get perf to generate proper back traces.

For various reasons I will stop looking at that particular issue. So if
anyone feels
interested in figuring out where the interaction between our dwarf info
and perf
unwinding the stack goes wrong please take a look! There is more
information on
the ticket.

Cheers

Andreas