GHC 8.10 backports?

Moritz Angermann moritz.angermann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 06:02:56 UTC 2021

The commit message from
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/commit/f10d11fa49fa9a7a506c4fdbdf86521c2a8d3495
,
makes the changes to string seem required. Applying the commit on its own
doesn't apply cleanly and pulls in quite a
bit of extra dependent commits. Just applying the elem rules appears rather
risky. Thus will I agree that having that
would be a nice fix to have, the amount of necessary code changes makes me
rather uncomfortable for a minor release :-/