GHC 9.1?

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 04:44:12 UTC 2021

It makes determining if a ghc build was a dev build vs a tagged release
much easier.  Odd == I’m using a dev build because it reports a version
like majormajor.odd.time stamp right ? — we still donthat with dev /master
right?

At some level any versioning notation is a social convention, and this one
does have a good advantage of making dev builds apparent while letting
things like hackage head have coherent versioning for treating these
releases sanely?

Otoh. It’s all a social construct. So any approach that helps all relevant
communities is always welcome.  Though even numbers are nice ;)