[External] Re: Loading a typechecked module and then using it immediately as a package

Erdi, Gergo Gergo.Erdi at sc.com
Mon Jun 28 06:41:18 UTC 2021

INTERNAL

Thanks, I got this working (after changing it slightly to use the GHC 9.0 API to the UnitState). However, I have some followup questions:

1. In the fakeUnitInfo, what is the relationship between unitLibraries and unitExposedModules?
2. In the fakeUnitInfo, what is the unitImportDirs used for?
3. What is the difference between a PackageId and a PackageName?

Other than that, the code registers MyLib into the my-pkg package by letting `load` do the actual heavy lifting. For my purposes, I will need to control this loading myself: only `MyLib`'s typechecked interface should be used, with no actual compilation of definitions. So I wrote some code that makes a ModIface from a TcGblEnv. I seemingly got the whole thing working just by setting mi_exports from the TcGblEnv and leaving everything else with trivial values (fingerprint0 for fingerprints, empty lists for instances, etc.). If `MyLib` has no external dependencies and doesn't define any typeclasses, instances, or type families, is this enough? What is the role of `mi_globals`, should I set that from `tcg_rdr_env`, or should I leave it empty?

Thanks,
	Gergo