value of documenting error messages?

Alan & Kim Zimmerman alan.zimm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 18:50:29 UTC 2021

I think in practical terms for IDE-based people, a short standardised
alphanumeric identifier makes sense. These typically get displayed along
with the full error text in the error pane, and it helps to be able to
allocate a known, standard amount of real estate to them.  Fundamentally
they are just an index into something else, you will either copy/paste it,
or click on it.

Alan