Debugging annotation machinery

Phyx lonetiger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 07:21:29 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am changing the hashing algorithm used to create Fingerprints but somehow
the annrun01.hs test has started failing and I don't quite understand why.

>From what I can tell the failure happens during deserialization but the
module itself is still found.
The calls findGlobalAnns deserializeWithData target seem to return nothing.

Calling ~/ghc/inplace/bin/ghc-stage2.exe --show-iface Annrun01_Help.hi
shows that GHC itself understands the module fine though.

Does someone have an idea why deserialization might be failing? but also
how does one debug this? Almost none of the structures have a Show or
Outputable instance...

Thanks,
Tamar