GHC plugin authors?

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Tue Aug 31 19:32:49 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I have seen a few posts from Sam Derbyshire here asking for feedback about plugin API design, and the responses have been minimal. This poses a design challenge, because the GHC folk who design the interface are sometimes distinct from the people who use the interface. We're trying to be good, seeking feedback from real, live clients. Is there a better way to do so than this mailing list? Example: we could create a Category on discourse.haskell.org, if that would reach the audience better. Or we could make a repo with issue trackers somewhere simply to track plugin design. What would work?

(I recognize that I'm asking in a perhaps-ineffective channel for advice, but I really don't have a better idea right now. Maybe some of you plugin authors are here and will point us in a better direction.)

Thanks,
Richard