[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.10.6 released
zubin at well-typed.com
Sat Aug 14 13:10:06 UTC 2021
The GHC team is very pleased to announce the availability of GHC 8.10.6.
Source and binary distributions are available at the [usual
Download Page: https://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_8_10_6.html
Blog Post: https://www.haskell.org/ghc/blog/20210814-ghc-8.10.6-released.html
This is a bugfix release, fixing many issues present in GHC 8.10.5, including:
- A fix for segmentation faults in GHCi on `aarch64-darwin` due to
an incorrect foreign import in `haskeline`. See [this blog
post](https://www.haskell.org/ghc/blog/20210709-capi-usage.html) by Ben Gamari
for more details on how your library could be affected.
- A fix for a critical bug affecting Haskell Language Server (HLS) among other
applications caused by missing RTS symbols required for statically linked
builds of the GHC library (#19763).
- No longer emitting spurious warnings for LLVM versions (LLVM 9-12) that were
actually supported (#19973, #19829, #19959).
- Numerous bug fixes for the new LLVM based `aarch64-darwin` backend (#20132).
- Fixes and stability improvements for the non-moving GC (#19715).
- Many other bug fixes for the RTS (#18033, #20132, #20093, #19421).
- Many packaging related fixes, including versioned `ghc-pkg` executables
(#20087), and actually distributing GHC versions linked against the
`integer-simple` big integer backend (#18967, #19953) on both Windows and Alpine
Linux. Previous releases were still linked against the `GMP` library due to a
misconfiguration of the builders.
- A significant refactoring of `process` fixing numerous bugs mostly on
Apple platforms (#19994, [process refactoring](https://github.com/haskell/process/pull/208)).
- A FreeBSD release after fixing issues that caused GHC 8.10.5 to be unable to build
- Bug fixes for the linker on Darwin platforms (#20004, #19968, #19950).
A complete list of bug fixes and improvements can be found in the [release
As always, feel free to report any issues you encounter via
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 659 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ghc-devs