GHC Proposal: GHC Maintainer Preview

Hécate hecate at glitchbra.in
Sat Apr 3 16:09:38 UTC 2021

Hi everyone!

I would like to share with you all the proposal I opened, called "GHC
Maintainer Preview", to shape the release schedule of our beloved compiler.
The concept is that we let a certain period of time pass between the
final "release" of a major (X.Y) GHC version, and its official, public,
user-targeting release, so that we can focus our efforts in helping
library maintainers to migrate and change their code to accommodate the
whatever breaking change the new major version introduces.

The proposal is located here:
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/417

Have a nice week-end!

--