Creative ideas on how to debug heap corruption

Moritz Angermann moritz.angermann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:52:31 UTC 2020

Thanks everyone. I have indeed been trying to get somewhere with sanity
checking. That used to help quite a bit for the deadstripping stuff that
happened on iOS a long time ago, but that was also much more deterministic.
Maybe I'll try to see if running it through qemu will give me some more
determinism. That at least gives somewhat predictable allocations. It could
still end up being some annoying memory ordering issues, the llvm backend
just managed to happen to not run into by luck, or optimisation passes.