msys woes

Shayne Fletcher shayne.fletcher.50 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 01:18:21 UTC 2020

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 12:44 PM Ben Gamari <bgamari at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shayne Fletcher <shayne.fletcher.50 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 1:18 PM Phyx <lonetiger at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> From the looks of it the repo.msys2.org system doesn't have enough
> space
> >> to restore all these old packages.
> >>
> >> So we'll have to handle it on our end. The easiest way to get your
> builds
> >> working again is by applying a patch with the fix to the source tree.
> >>

> > New problems in this space as of today. This time with
> > ```bash
> >
> > stack --stack-yaml stack.yaml --resolver nightly-2020-01-08   exec --
> > pacman -S autoconf automake-wrapper make patch python tar mintty
> > --noconfirm
> > ```
> >
> > which produces 404 errors
>
> Oh dear; thank you for raising this with upstream, Shayne! Let's hope
> there is action soon.

After looking into it a bit, I'm beginning to think that it is in fact on
us (stack as it happens) to upgrade our msys installer. I have a workaround
for now:
```
stack exec -- curl -O
http://repo.msys2.org/msys/x86_64/msys2-keyring-r21.b39fb11-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
stack exec --  pacman -U msys2-keyring-r21.b39fb11-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
--noconfirm
stack exec -- pacman -Syu autoconf automake-wrapper make patch python tar
mintty --noconfirm"
```

--
Shayne Fletcher