[hadrian] Use LLVM for test and validate target

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Sat May 30 18:56:52 UTC 2020

Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus <ml at stefansf.de> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to force Hadrian to use the LLVM code generator for the
> test and validate targets?  For example, while using the following
> commands it seems to me that only the native code generator (if
> available) is used:
>
> $ ./hadrian/build -c -j --flavour=quick-llvm test

I think you want --test-speed=slow. This enables all testsuite ways
(some of which use -fllvm).

> $ ./hadrian/build -c -j --flavour=validate

Note that this isn't a target but rather a build flavour. I don't
believe that there is an analogous flavour which bootstraps with -fllvm,
but you could easily edit its definition (either via
hadrian/UserSettings.hs or by editing
hadrian/src/Settings/Flavours/Validate.hs).

Cheers,

- Ben