Querying Core for information about variables

Adam Sandberg Eriksson adam at sandbergericsson.se
Mon Jul 13 18:35:41 UTC 2020

I think some of what you want can be had from the Name type, and it seems you can get a Name from a Var with varName. See https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ghc-8.10.1/docs/Name.html#g:3 for some things that Names contain. For the type of a Var it seems you could use varType (https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ghc-8.10.1/docs/Var.html#v:varType).

I really recommend looking at the Haddocks, that's how I figured out what to do with Name's etc.

Adam Sandberg Eriksson