Async exceptions and delimited continuations

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:24:05 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am by no means an expert on the GHC RTS but all 3 suggestions seem quite
reasonable to me.   A good way to make a decision might be to collect some
data, at least for the things that might be easy to measure.   In
particular, it would be interesting to temporarily disable the optimization
and run some benchmarks on some IO/exceptions heavy code (some sort of
server?  or maybe a synthetic benchmark to really stress the
masking/unmaksing) and see what's the change in performance.

-Iavor