stage2 build fails

Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus ml at stefansf.de
Tue Jan 28 11:32:16 UTC 2020

I ran into a similar(?) problem a while ago. "make maintainer-clean"
does not necessarily remove every generated file. See for example

   https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2019-August/018049.html

Since then I only use

  git clean -dfxq && git submodule foreach git clean -dfxq

which worked reliably for me (beware that this removes any untracked
file). Maybe this helps?

Cheers,
Stefan