[ANNOUNCE] Glasgow Haskell Compiler 8.10.1-rc1 released

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 14:58:31 UTC 2020

Thanks Ben, installed fine on my Mac running 10.14.6.

For the release notes I suggest we document
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/17341 which is associated with
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/6262 and
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/6104

I realize this will be controversial and may be rejected but I think the
current status is very confusing to new / inexperienced users so I felt I
should suggest it.

As I mentioned in 17341, can we add a milestone and priority to this
feature request?

Thanks again for everybody's work on GHC

Cheers
George