Residency profiles

Sebastian Graf sgraf1337 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 16:00:12 UTC 2020

This recently came up again. It seems that `+RTS -h -i0` will just turn
every minor collection into a major one:
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/17387#note_248705
`-i0` seems significantly different from `-i0.001`, say, in that it just
turns minor GCs into major ones and doesn't introduce non-determinism
otherwise. Sampling rate can be controlled with `-A`, much like `-F1` (but
it's still faster for some reason).

Am Mo., 10. Dez. 2018 um 09:11 Uhr schrieb Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com