[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.8.2 is now available
ben at well-typed.com
Thu Jan 16 17:35:05 UTC 2020
The GHC team is proud to announce the release of GHC 8.8.2. The source
distribution, binary distributions, and documentation are available at
Release notes are also available .
This release fixes a handful of issues affecting 8.8.1:
- A bug (#17088) in the compacting garbage collector resulting in
segmentations faults under specific circumstances. Note that this may
affect user programs even if they did not explicitly request the
compacting GC (using the -c RTS flag) since GHC may fallback to
compacting collection during times of high memory pressure.
- A code generation bug (#17334) resulting in GHC panics has been
- A bug in the `process` library causing builds using `hsc2hs` to fail
non-deterministically on Windows has been fixed (Trac #17480)
- A typechecker bug (#12088) resulting in programs being unexpectedly
rejected has been fixed.
- A bug in the implementation of compact normal forms resulting in
segmentation faults in some uses (#17044) has been fixed.
- A bug causing GHC to incorrectly complain about incompatible LLVM
versions when using LLVM 7.0.1 has been fixed (#16990).
As always, if anything looks amiss do let us know.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ghc-devs