Linking stage 2 compiler with non-threaded RTS using Make?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 15:09:49 UTC 2020

There are some hidden dependencies, in particular ghci requires GhcThreaded
last I checked (and ghci == ghc --interactive, not a separate program that
could be linked threaded). You may also have to disable the entire bytecode
backend, which would take TH and runghc with it as well as ghci.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 8:02 AM Ömer Sinan Ağacan <omeragacan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone know how to link stage 2 with non-threaded RTS using Make build
> system?
> There's a variable GhcThreaded, but setting it "NO" makes no difference,
> stage 2
> compiler is still threaded.
>
> So far the only way I could find is to redirect build system output to a
> file,
> find the step that linked ghc-stage2, repeat that command but without
> -threaded.
> It's really painful as I have to repeat this step after every rebuild.
>
> Any tips?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ömer

brandon s allbery kf8nh