Calling an unknown function from low-level Cmm

Alexis King lexi.lambda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 14:36:47 UTC 2020

> On Feb 24, 2020, at 20:03, Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> I don’t know the answer to this, but Alexis when you find out can I ask (I know I'm a broken record on this) that you write a Note to explain, with pointers from the various places you looked when you were trying to find out the answer?

If I do find out, I will! However, I’ve interpreted the lack of response to mean there isn’t one: the only easy way to do this is to pass the arguments on the stack using one of the stg_ap closures. I’m not sure if that non-answer is worth writing someplace, and if it is, I’m not quite sure where it ought to go. (Perhaps in GHC/Cmm/Parser.y?)