Allowing Windows CI to fail

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 3 16:18:04 UTC 2020

Ben

This sounds like a good decision to me, thanks.

Is there a possibility to have a slow CI-on-windows job (not part of the "this must pass before merging" step), which will slowly, but reliably, fail if the Windows build fails. E.g. does it help to make the build be 100% sequential?

Or is there currently no way to build GHC at all on Windows in a way that won't fail?  (That would be surprising to me.  Until relatively recently I was *only* building on Windows.)

Simon