Troubles when building ghc

Neophytos Michael nmichael at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 12:10:32 UTC 2020

Thank you for that.  After downgrading alex I was able to build ghc
properly.

By the way, is there a way from cabal to uninstall a package?  I actually
had both versions of alex on my machine but somehow ghc would always pick
up the latest one.  I couldn't find a way to uninstall alex, so I just gave
up and removed the entire cabal directory and reinstalled everything (which
fortunately wasn't much) plus the old version of alex.

Neo

Neophytos