slow load and typecheck

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 15:53:06 UTC 2019

Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> writes:
> It reuses the .hi files already built for other modules. Those aren't in
> the source directory but under a build directory. If they don't exist
> there, it will build the dependencies to create them.

The .hi files exist in the target directory and my tool has informed the
ghc api about that location, but it's not using them and I don't know
why... I guess I'm asking "how can I make ghc use the .hi files instead
of compiling the .hs files?". It seems to work fine when I use
HscInterpreted instead of HscNothing.

BTW I tried using targetAllowObjCode=True for everything, but it makes
no difference.

--
Best regards,
Sam