Working in my own branch with changes in submodules

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Fri Nov 1 14:22:35 UTC 2019

Alejandro Serrano Mena <trupill at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear GHC devs,
> I am currently working on my own fork of GHC (
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/trupill/ghc), and as part of it I need to do
> some changes to the Cabal and haskeline libraries. However, since they are
> in submodules, I am not sure about how I can commit those changes, share
> them with others, and rebase my changes against the current HEAD for these
> submodules.

You can push wip/ branches to the GHC mirrors of these submodules where
they can be picked up by CI. Specifically,

    git at gitlab.haskell.org:ghc/packages/Cabal
    git at gitlab.haskell.org:ghc/packages/haskeline

Just make sure that your branch name begins with `wip/` and you should
be able to push. Do let me know if there are further questions.

Cheers,

- Ben