Bug or feature?

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue May 21 08:55:26 UTC 2019

We have to be careful in how we define "equality" in the above sentence, including class constraints that (may) have superclass equality constraints.

Indeed. That’s what happens now.

I do think this would work.

Cool.  Nick or Iavor: would you like to turn this conversation into a ticket?

(Although it is technically user-facing, it is a very small corner and I’m not sure it would need a GHC proposal – others may want to comment.)

Simon