Parser performance: 10% regression in 8.8

Vladislav Zavialov vladislav at serokell.io
Wed May 15 06:39:24 UTC 2019

Steps 3–4 are done: https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/commit/684dc290563769d456b6f1c772673d64307ab072
Step 5, as it turns out, is not needed: I was mistaken and GHC 8.8 was not affected. I got confused about the releases, it’s only 8.10 that would be affected, sorry about this. However, it’s good that we merged the fix before the ghc-8.10 branch is cut, which should happen mid-June according to https://www.haskell.org/ghc/blog/20190405-ghc-8.8-status.html

Thanks everyone for responding to this, I’ve got help with CI images and updating build configuration.

All the best,
- Vladislav