CI on forked projects: Darwin woes

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Sun May 12 12:23:35 UTC 2019

I’m the root care taker on the Mac ci box.

One issue here is that while  forks and branches both get ci, only branches
are visible to non admin roles. So there could be a kajillion other folks
forks going on or something.

timeouts sound like gitlab side thing.  I definitely have had to restart
jobs before.

For what it’s worth: it’s hosted at Mac stadium so it’s actually in a data
center.  Plus after Ben added some disk space cleanup scripts to the ci its
had zero administrative interventions for months.  Plus it’s configured to
actually have a working gitlab runner even if a reboot happens (took a
while to figure out that bit of Mac admin )

Failures on the Mac mini side tend to have more informative failure modes.
Timeouts are a gitlab runner thing. And I’ve definitely had to tickle
restarting in my own patches.

Next time you hit a failure could you share with the devs list and or #ghc
irc ?