Is cleaning up old issues worthwhile?

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Mon May 6 03:04:43 UTC 2019

I just want to second comments others have said about the value of this kind of activity. It is most certainly *not* annoying! If you're right and there is a migration issue, then it is indeed reasonable to stop and get feedback, but I'm (for one) comfortable having you close tickets that you cannot reproduce in a modern GHC -- as long as you're careful about checking this. (For example, perhaps an old ticket has some code that doesn't make sense with Applicative being a superclass of Monad. Before labeling the issue as unreproducible, it would be wise to update the example first.) The worst case scenario is that someone reopens.

Many thanks for this work!
Richard