Proposal: Don't read environment files by default

amindfv at gmail.com amindfv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 03:36:31 UTC 2019

> El 28 mar 2019, a las 3:26 PM, Richard Eisenberg <rae at richarde.dev> escribió:

[...]

> 2. I get pilloried every time I say it, but I vastly prefer global package databases to local ones.

I'll second this in one specific context. v2-build has been amazing at work and in general for project-based development, but – and maybe simply because I don't know the right incantations – a step backwards for impromptu coding where I don't want to set up a whole project to start messing with an idea.

I've actually fallen back to v1-install for this specific usecase: I have a set of ~15 packages, all installed from local git repos, some of which depend on others, that I *always* want when I'm in GHCi. It's basically my base. I may simply be doing it wrong but I've been unable to use the "global ghc.env file" trick successfully.

Tom