Proposal: Don't read environment files by default

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 16:17:53 UTC 2019

I used to be confused by the environment files too until I figured out what
they are, and now I use them all the time.

It is really nice to be able to have the "old fashioned" way of just
running ghci and having it be aware of the current project your are in.

To me, it really makes sense to be aware of the context by default.  To
reduce confusion, we could make GHCi be more explicit about telling the
user that it loaded a context, but I think 99% of the time I want it to so.
So I'd prefer to have a flag to disable the behavior for the 1%, but the
default should load the context IMHO

Iavor