GitLab seems quite poorly

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Sat Mar 23 16:39:57 UTC 2019

Matthew Pickering <matthewtpickering at gmail.com> writes:

> I don't know what has changed since yesterday but pushing new branches
> to GitLab is broken.
>
> The two most recent branches pushed to origin 404 when you click on the link.
>
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/branches
>
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/tree/wip/mp/15646
>
> I also pushed some commits to a fork and the MR which they appear on
> didn't update at all. Perhaps a symptom of the same problem.
>
> Also a recent MR by Ben complains of the source branch for the MR not
> existing.  https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/625
>
> The summary is that GitLab seems unusable at the moment. Did you
> fiddle with anything recently Ben?

Yes, I am aware of these issues have been working in the background to
resolve or report them. In short, I updated to 11.9.0 yesterday. This
seems to have introduced a bug in the handling of branches whose names
contain forward slashes. Unfortunately it hasn't been easy to nail down
precisely what broke.

I have tried rolling back to 11.8.2 but sadly the issues seem to persist.

Cheers,

- Ben