Modify quickstart page to use hadrian rather than make?

Shayne Fletcher shayne.fletcher at daml.com
Mon Jun 24 09:26:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:05 AM Matthew Pickering <
matthewtpickering at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I propose that we modify the quickstart page so that the instructions
> use hadrian rather than make.
>
> At this point I don't see why a newcomer should have to use the make
> build system.
>
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/building/quick-start

I second this. I would go further and advocate that such instructions
should include passing the `--configure`flag.

--
*Shayne Fletcher*
Language Engineer */* +1 917 699 7663

--
This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only,
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary